As we look back over 2021 and reflect on milestones reached, achievements realized, and challenges overcome, we are filled with gratitude for our Jeunesse Family who came together to support 13 life-impacting projects for children in 11 countries. From major construction projects to providing nutritious food baskets to children and families in need, your contributions are having a lasting impact for children around the world.
While the COVID pandemic continued to present disruptions and delays in 2021, because of your support, there’s still much to celebrate, and even more to look forward to in 2022!
We’re excited to share the global impact of Jeunesse Kids in 2021. Huge strides toward better tomorrows for young people were made possible because of you and the seven organizations that partnered with Jeunesse Kids.
With much love and gratitude,
Chief Visionary Officer
2021 Jeunesse Kids Recap
JAN. 1 – DEC. 31, 2021
PROJECTS AND PROGRAMS SUPPORTED
Because of your generosity, we were able to fund the following projects in 2021.
WE COLLEGE SCHOOL OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP
In 2020, the Jeunesse Family raised $1,040,700 USD to exceed our $1 million goal of fully funding the WE College School of Entrepreneurship in Kenya.
We are excited to announce that despite delays caused by the global pandemic, the construction of the WE Charity School of Entrepreneurship was completed in December 2021!
The program has been registered with the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority, two well-qualified lecturers have been hired, and scholarships have been awarded to the inaugural class of 20 students who began their life-changing educational journey in January 2022!
Meet the Inaugural Class
The School of Entrepreneurship inaugural class is a diverse group of young women and men who have overcome many obstacles in their lives and, without our help, would not be able to realize their dream of obtaining a college education.
- Most are from Narok Country and come from large families, whom they help to support.
- Many were raised by a single parent and are the first in their family to attend college.
- Several students had given up their dream of a college education so that the family could afford to send younger siblings to primary and secondary school.
- Two students were orphaned at a young age.
- One student trekked 200 km (approximately 125 miles) to interview for the scholarship. His village provided enough money for bus fare to get him halfway there. He then walked the remaining 62 miles to the interview!
We can’t wait to see what these changemakers do in their communities!
KIDS BEATING CANCER CELLULAR THERAPY LAB
- The new lab space is confirmed and is connected to the hospital building with outdoor space for nitrogen tank storage
- Construction to start in 2022
- Lab to open in 2023
- Additional temporary space has been allocated for the current lab until the new lab is operational
- Expansion of current lab for 2021–2022 includes 1,500 square feet adjacent to the current lab
- This will allow for 3 new pieces of equipment to be purchased and utilized
- JANUARY 2022Design Development Complete
- MARCH 2022Construction Documents Complete
- JULY 2022Bidding and Permitting Complete; Construction Begins
- DECEMBER 2022Construction Complete
- JANUARY 2023Lab Occupancy
Total spent on equipment: $250,251 USD (as of 11/11/2021)
Equipment to be purchased for interim space:
- 2 Nitrogen Freezers: $31,667 each
- Clinimacs Prodigy: $230,000
- Total: $293,334
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTES TO JEUNESSE KIDS!
We are so humbled by the leaders who live with purpose, live with passion and live Jeunesse — the leaders who make it to the top and then make it their top priority to give back!
Our Jeunesse Kids Champions program recognizes those who have shown outstanding servant leadership with their contributions to our nonprofit.
You shop. Amazon gives.
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support Jeunesse Kids every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at www.Smile.Amazon.com and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones.
When you shop AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to Jeunesse Kids.
Like us on Facebook
We’re all about social responsibility (and social media)! Connect with us on Facebook.